World’s Best Putter Competition
Journeyman Distillery at The Featherbone Factory
109 Generations Dr, Three Oaks, MI 49128, United States (map)
Take your best shot for the title of ‘World’s Best Putter’ at Welter’s Folly.
Entries for the event will be randomly paired together between 11AM-4PM.
Game on rain or shine.
Begins: October 7, 2023 at 11:00 AM EST
Entry Deadline: October 5, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT
Tee Times Posted: October 6, 2023
Entry Fee: $22
Open To: Everyone – all ages.
50% of the entry fee goes to create a payout pot, paying out as:
1st Place – 60% of pot
2nd Place – 20% of pot
3rd Place – 10% of pot
4th Place – 5% of pot
5th Place – 3% of pot
6th Place – 2% of pot
(Winnings for 18 and under will be paid out as gift cards)
Entrants 21 and over will be able to enjoy complimentary Journeyman Spirit tastings.
OFFICIAL TEE TIMES – EASTERN STANDARD TIME
Tee times will be assigned October 6th.
- Do not putt the putting course prior to teeing off. There is a small practice area in front that can be used to warm up.
- 18 holes stroke play
- Limit of one club
- Switch score cards so that you are keeping another player’s score
- Determine who will tee off first (flip a coin or a tee) and lowest score on a hole determines honors, furthest from the hole putts first and then continuously putts until done with hole.
- Tee off no more than 2′ from the arrow designating the hole and not closer to the hole
- If the ball bounces off the pin and does not go in the hole, then keep putting. Hitting the pin is not considered a made putt. You may remove pin before putting.
- No gimmies, no mulligans, not replaying of hole, all putts must end up at the bottom of the hole on every hole
- If you putt into the rough, you may take relief from the rough and place it onto the green no closer to the hole plus 1 penalty stroke. Or you can play it from the rough with no penalty.
- Max score is a 5. Pick up after 5 putts
- Check and sign score cards and return to Event Manager.
- As a result of a tie, there will be a sudden-death playoff to determine the champion.